Wednesday, September 26, 2007
A Dramatic Lady
I completed my tea towel for swapping this month and it's now on it's way to Vicki's. She was my partner last month as well, so I chose to work with a design similar to the tea towel I stitched for her last exchange so she could have a pair. This 1920's lady is expressive and vibrant! I find that stitching faces is somewhat difficult, as the thread doesn't always cooperate with how I believe something should look. The designer of this pattern indicated that everything should be stitched in black except for the little bit of red and yellow that was used for hair and lips. I suppose this adds to the dramatic effect desired, but I find myself wishing for a little more color. I really have been enjoying stitching on linen after the many cotton tea towels I've be making. Cotton is so forgiving, but I'm becoming accustomed to the linen and have been adapting quite well.