Happy birthday to my friend and neighbor, Karleen! In honor of her birthday, I'm reposting an idea for some cute, itty-bitty, bite-sized cupcakes that she made. They were so yummy! They look complicated and difficult, but the process was actually quite simple. Here's what she did:
1) Bake a chocolate cake and let it cool.
2) Crumble the cake into a mixing bowl and add one container of pre-made frosting.
3) Mix well and then roll the mixture into little balls, like truffles. Then set aside.
4) Then, melt some dark almond bark (chocolate). Pour into candy molds that are shaped like cupcake papers or Reese's Peanut Butter bars.
5) After cooling and hardening, place a small cake ball on top of chocolate base.
6) Melt some white almond bark and add food coloring in your favorite color. Dip the cake portion of the base into the melted almond bark mixture.
7) Decorate with sprinkles, eatable glitter, or other decorations of choice. Allow to cool
8) Present on a pretty tray and garnish as desired. Enjoy to the MAX!
Happy Birthday, Karleen!