Sunday, January 11, 2009
Brewing a Perfect Cup of Tea
National Hot Tea Month is the perfect time to learn to create a perfect cup of tea:
1. Select fragrant and fresh, full-leaf, loose tea leaves.
2. Fill a kettle with pure water and bring to a full boil. Then remove from heat.
3. Pour hot tap water into teapot and then pour it out. This is to warm the teapot.
4. Place one teaspoon of loose leaves per cup of tea desired into a teapot. Add one extra teaspoon for 'the pot'.
5. Pour hot water over tea leaves in teapot.
6. Steep tea leaves for 3 - 5 minutes, using a timer for accuracy.
7. Decant by pouring tea through a strainer into another warmed teapot.
8. Place teapot in a tea cozy to keep tea warm. Pour by the teacupful as desired.
Photo: Tea Plantation/Indonesia
Copyright @ LaTeaDah 2009